Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Just one more sleep. Christmas will be a little lonely this year. I'm spending with my partner's eighty year old father. Cathy is in America for a month travelling, she's back early January. I miss her madly, but I know she loves to travel, it's stuff she has to do. Anyway Ross and I get on well. We'll have a few drinks and he will no doubt, regale me with stories of his life at sea. I have heard a fair few of them, but I must admit, they are entertaining.

The girl with the beautiful smile

I'm biased I know but Cathy's smile lights up any room and my whole life. She is the type of person who insists on a kiss every morning before I go to work, regardless if I'm in a hurry or running late. What I would give for one right now. The last thing she said two weeks ago as we parted was "I love you". Her voice saying that to me is the sweetest sound imaginable. I will continue to replay it in my mind until she is back with me.

I've only had a few brief emails since she left as she is travelling and mostly camping. No phones or Internet. She has promised to call Christmas morning. I haven't been this excited about Christmas since I was a kid. Just one more sleep. Jippee

Have a joyous Christmas Cathy, all my love will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment